Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rathskeller Pork

I got this recipe from my mother. She made it the other night and had Scott and I over for dinner and it was A-FREAKING-MAZING! I'm not even joking. It was so yummy. I really loved cooked cabbage, so I personally will put like 1/2 to 3/4 of a cabbage head in when I make it.

4 to 5 pork steaks (approx 3/4" thick)
1 tbs salad oil
1 can cream of asparagus soup
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
1/4 cup water
4 potatoes, sliced
1/2 bunch asparagus (optional)
2 cups shredded cabbage ( I personally like way more then this! )
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Drain off excess fat. Combine undiluted soup with onions, seasoned salt, pepper, and water. Arrange alternate layers of meat, potatoes, cabbage, and asparagus in slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 3 - 3 1/2 hours. Add whipping cream, cover and cook on high for another 20 minutes.

Yummy! Serve with rolls!

Note: Costco sells really great pork steaks. They come in packs of 9 pork chops for about $15.00. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment