What you'll need:
- Wire whisk
- 1 cup all purpose white glue (recommended: Elmer's Regular)
- 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring or 1 tablespoon tempera paint, your choice of color
- Borax detergent
How to make it:
- Mix together with wire whisk the all purpose glue, water, and food coloring/tempera paint. I used the powdered tempera, but the liquid works just as well -- just don't mix the powdered too thin.
- Mix separately 1/3 c. water and 1/2 tsp. Borax. Slowly pour Borax mix into glue mix.
- Let stand a few minutes, then knead. Pour off any remaining liquid. Store in plastic bags.
- Repeat for different colors.
- As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting with kids.
- Avoid contact with hair or clothing, especially with small children. If the Gooey Gak happens to get caught in either substance, try using vegetable oil to break down the Gak. In case of an emergency, please contact your family physician.