Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chicken Lasagna






I referenced a couple different recipes and combined the parts I liked to come up with this little version.  I loved it.  I think next time I'm going to try to add a vegetable, probably asparagus.  This wasn't as much work as I thought it would be.  I prepared it in the afternoon and then just popped it in the oven 30 minutes before we wanted to eat!  Enjoy!



Ingredients:

8 Lasagna Noodles
1 cup chicken broth
1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup Colby Jack Cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
8 oz package of cream cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat (I used rotissiere this time and it worked great)
1 1/2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs


Directions:

1.  Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until done.  Drain.
2.  Mix soup, broth, and poultry season in a saucepan.  Heat through.
3.  Beat together the cheeses, sour cream, and mayo.  Stir in olives, onions, green pepper and parsley.
4.  Place half the noodles in a 9x13 inch pan.  Layer with 1/2 cream cheese/cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cheese, 1/2 chicken, and 1/2 soup mixture.  Repeat.  Top with bread crumbs.
5.  Bake at 375 dgrees F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment