Friday, February 5, 2010

Honey Mustard Lime Chicken Legs

From Finding Joy in my Kitchen

8-10 chicken legs
1/3 C spicy brown mustard*
3 T honey
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 T soy sauce
4 T lime juice (and some lime zest, if you have some)

In a medium bowl, mix together the honey/mustard, garlic, lime and soy sauce.

Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot (I was lazy and left the skin on, which was easy to remove after cooking!).

Pour some of the sauce over the bottom chicken legs, then top with the remaining chicken legs and the remaining sauce.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. The chicken gets super tender this way. I like it like this, but, if you don't want your chicken falling off the bone, then I might suggest cooking it for a little shorter amount of time, until the chicken reaches 180 degrees.

I served it with rice and veggies!

*You can also use 1/2 C honey mustard (either mustard or salad dressing varieties should be just fine)!

No comments:

Post a Comment