Saturday, September 24, 2011

French Chicken


There are two ways to make this - in the oven or via crockpot. I generally do it in the crockpot on days that I have busier afternoon/evenings!

6 regular sized Chicken Breasts
Can of Cranberry Sauce (I like mixed berry)
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
8 oz of French Dressing

Oven:

Mix
1 Can of Cranberry Sauce, the Lipton Onion Soup Mix and 8 oz of French Dressing.  Grease a baking pan, lay out the chicken breasts and pour over the mixure over the chicken.

Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours!

Crockpot:

I generally start it around lunch time - noonish or so.  I put the chicken in frozen, add all the other ingredients and start it on high for the first hour or two.  That is mainly to help the chicken thaw!  Then I turn it to low until it's time to eat!  We eat around 6:00 usually.  The chicken has always been good - never dry!

I serve it with rice and a veggie or a green salad!  We call it Candy Chicken to the kids and they totally believe us!  It's that good!  Seriously delish!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. i've done this but instead of cranberry sauce i've used apricot jam. i will have to try your way!! sound yum! thanks for the recipes, they are always great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to try this. Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this the other week and thought it was delicious! However, mine didn't look like your picture--I did it in the crockpot and I thought it was pretty runny. Dd you make yours in the oven or crockpot (for the picture)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this picture I did make it in the oven! When I make it in the Crockpot it is more runny. My only suggestion there, which I haven't tried, would be to add 1/2 the cranberry sauce just like an hour before serving. I also shred the chicken about an hour before we plan to eat, so the shredded meat sits in the sauce!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete